reduce MBP glare and loose battery cover

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ftbps, Nov 25, 2008.

1. ftbps macrumors member

hello all,

I finally decided to keep my new unibody 2.53 GHz unibody MBP. It is very good. I still liked the previous generation MBP, but i like the new design too.

Glare/ reflection on the screen coming from lights or sunlight is a bit irritating. I know that this has been discussed in other threads before, but please help me answer two issues:

1. Has anyone used a anti-glare or anti-reflection screen on the unibody MBp and actually very happy with it? how hard was it to install? where can I buy it from? how does it look?

2. My battery cover is just a bit loose. I only feel it when i tap on it and I hear a click noise. It also makes noise when I move my laptop or try to set it on a desk. Does not bother me, but I can call apple and ask them to fix it. I want to know if apple ships me a new battey cover, will be be tighter? I mean it is loose because the cover is loose or because the MBP assembly has a problem. It teh MBP has a problem, I will not sent it to apple for repair. i will deal with it.

Your comments or experience is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bipin

2. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

i purchased an antiglare film from photodon.

While it DOES cut the glare down it washes out the screen with a white hue.
    I didnt like it that much and took it off. I like the brighter colors with the protector off. I'd take a little reflection and glare with crisper brighter colors over washed out colors IMO

3. ftbps thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your prompt response. Anone else has any luck with any other brand? also get back on the battery door?
    Thanks,
    Bipin

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you are still in the 14 day return period, I'd get the whole machine swapped. Of course unless you didn't get it from Apple directly.

5. ftbps thread starter macrumors member

NO i am happy with my laptop. Do not want to take new chances of having a bad screen...or whatever. Just want to fix the loose battery cover. Anyone, please read my first paragraph on the first page. Thanks,

6. JayKay321 macrumors member

the loose battery cover problem can be fixed by pushing the tabs (that latch on and hold the cover in place) a bit forward.

do a search; someone here had posted a good pic on one of the older threads on this very same problem.

7. rmarinheira macrumors member

The latest batch of MBP does not have the battery cover issue anymore, and the solution does not involve eschanging the machine: Apple strategically placed some rubber pads underneth the tabs, and another one on the inside face of the cover, so it fits nice and tight!

I received mine today and it came just like that! It is a CTO, so I guess Apple implemented that solution a few days ago!

Cheers!