Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cache

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Ok, finally got my touch, wonderfull device. It's completely full with music, however, I'd like to add some photos to it.

First I should probably mention I'm a Windows user (vista). The problem is most my jpg photos are 3-4mb each. Now when I open one of them in paint and save them again they are like 400kb each all of a sudden and I don't see any difference with the oiginal (same res etc.). Why is this and is there a tool that does this for me so I can reduce the size of all my pictures at once?

Any help is appreciated!

GrimmGreen

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
Ok, finally got my touch, wonderfull device. It's completely full with music, however, I'd like to add some photos to it.

First I should probably mention I'm a Windows user (vista). The problem is most my jpg photos are 3-4mb each. Now when I open one of them in paint and save them again they are like 400kb each all of a sudden and I don't see any difference with the oiginal (same res etc.). Why is this and is there a tool that does this for me so I can reduce the size of all my pictures at once?

Any help is appreciated!

download Irfanview , it has batch conversion , works well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.