Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPhone XR Reduce White Point

mtenuta

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
Not sure if this has been discussed. But I toggled off the reduce white point . And it's really changed the dynamic of the screen. It's so much brighter and clearer.

Just curious to know if anyone has tried this .

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Not sure if this has been discussed. But I toggled off the reduce white point . And it's really changed the dynamic of the screen. It's so much brighter and clearer.

Just curious to know if anyone has tried this .

Isn’t this feature already disabled by default? Also, it seems kind of counter- productive to what True tone also corrects the white point on the display based on the ambient lighting in the environment.

Comment

now i see it

macrumors 603
Jan 2, 2002
Reduce white point makes the screen easier on the eyes if you're looking at a lot of white backgrounds

Comment

IJBrekke

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2009
Long Beach, CA
Personally, I get eye fatigue on all iOS devices if I do extensive reading/web browsing with this feature turned off. However, it’s easy to set up the triple click home button shortcut to turn it on or off quickly, which is handy for watching videos or viewing photos.

Comment

Banglazed

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
It is off by default. You can turn it on to help dim white background. It helps to reduce eye strain from OLED screen as well.

Comment

scotsmandc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
i normally use it at night before bed and turn it off during the day. have it set by triple clicking the power button.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.