Redundant ipod touch replaced

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nychot, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Nychot macrumors 6502a

By the mac mini and might be called the ipod air. With the 7 inch beciming mainstream theres no need fir the touch in its current persona. In essence it is an ipad (very) mini so apple will just upgrade it to 7 inches. My three cents.

2. stiligFox macrumors 65816

stiligFox

Wait, I... what?

While I do understand that Apple might replace the iPod touch with a smaller iPad, I certainly hope not. (I've been waiting three years to upgrade my second gen iPod touch.)

3. kannesss macrumors 6502a

they will keep the ipod touch. and make a mini ipad.

Theres no way in hell they would take themselves out of the MP3 market, by getting rid of the iPod touch. Its the biggest selling ipod on the planet.
    no one else in their right mind would get rid of something as huge as that. ever.

4. Nychot thread starter macrumors 6502a

But why would anyone buy an ipod touch if they could get 4 more inches of screen real estate or however much it would be. The mini will do everything and more than the touch does. I had the last gen and sold it. I now have a nexus7. My wife has a last gen touch but when she got her hands on the nexus she fell in love and will react the same with the mini and dump the touch. The touch is just way too small but served its purpose before the 7 inch tablets were introduced. Sales if the touch are almost non existant today. Apple already has other mp3 players.

5. kannesss macrumors 6502a

It's hard to say. I can see what you mean by the 4 more inches, thats a better idea. But idk if people will not buy ipod touches. I think they will at the very least give it until they release the new stuff next year. I think they would at least see if the ipod touch sales will go low enough to opt out of it.

6. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

For one reason only. You can not fit the mini or nexus 7 easily in your pocket. My iPod Touch is always with me which is why I would never replace it with a iPad mini. The only true option as far as functionality / size is replacing the Touch with an iPhone but there are many post explaining why it isn't an option for many people.

Lastly, if I was to buy a tablet, I would get an iPad 3 instead of the iPad mini or Nexus 7. As you have stated, it's much better to have a bigger screen so you should get the 10" screen rather than the Nexus 7 smaller screen. You can carry neither one in your pocket so why get the smaller screen ?