Reeder 2 - waiting for approval

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Fedorov, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Fedorov macrumors 6502

I know I'm not in the minority when I say that the BEST RSS iphone app is about to reach v2.0 and seems to cover almost everything we all requested.

http://www.reederapp.com/2/

I must stop checking the AppStore every 5 minutes waiting for it though!!! ;)

2. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

It's out!!!! Using it right now!!!!!! One word: the best RSS app to date!!!!!! Miles better than Byline, MobileRSS, and the flop app Newsprint!!! Finally!!! :cool::)

3. Fedorov thread starter macrumors 6502

Agreed, the others have some major catching up to do - wooooo how fast is it, gorgeous interface, integrates with so many services, just has everything you need for everyday use.

The tweetie-style pull up and down to go to next feed is cool and it now saves state so if you come out and return to Reeder2 later it remembers where you were.

5-star review updated, it's getting a LOT of them already!

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Based on the comments in this thread, I just bought Reeder 2 and IU have to agree it is the best RSS reader on the iPhone, and I have tried all the popular ones. Very fast and a nice feature set.

It took me a minute to figure out the app prefs are in the iPhone Settings panel rather than within the app itself.

5. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

The "state saving" was the one feature that put this over the top for me. Reeder is now my go-to RSS app.

6. enberg macrumors regular

Image caching is kinda slow, but I must say I love the high contrast option.

7. IronLogik macrumors 6502

Couldn't get it to login. Gave up and deleted it. Went straight back to NetNewsWire. Which sounds like it'll be receiving a huge update soon as well

8. Fedorov thread starter macrumors 6502

How about emailing or tweeting the author about your problem, bearing in mind that 99.9% of us don't have such a problem. Not saying it's something you've done wrong but it helps these GOOD developers out a lot you know if you at least report a problem and give them chance to rectify it or correct you :)

9. IronLogik macrumors 6502

I don't think it's anything the developer can do. My guess is it's a Google issue. Since Google doesn't provide an API for developers to access Google Reader data. Developer will likely say I'm SOL. I never really liked the app in the first place. I see he fixed the contrast issues, which is a good start.

I'm anxious to see what kind of iPad apps we'll be seeing for news reading though.

10. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

Well, Reeder has climbed up to the top of the News category list. The very place where it should be! Go, Reeder! :)

11. Fedorov thread starter macrumors 6502

Must admit, I use it even more each day since 2.0 came out with it being so fast. Really is a complete joy to use everyday, easily makes it into the Top 3 apps to have on your iPhone alongside Tweetie 2.

12. Tomar macrumors member

I really want to like this reader but the performance on my iPhone 3g is horrible. It is extremely slow when updating rss feeds. If I leave the app on when I put my phone to sleep, the phone becomes very sluggish when I try wake it up. I don't know if I have the app configured so that it will operate efficiently but I have been very disappointed. Is anyone having performance issues with this app?

13. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Is it slow only on 3G data connection, or wifi also? Make sure you have image caching only turned on for wifi.

14. spammerhamster macrumors 6502

15. Fedorov thread starter macrumors 6502

It's coming soon :)

16. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

Not really. According to dev, he hopes to deliver it for the international release of iPad. So that's another month if not longer.

17. Tomar macrumors member

It is slow over both wifi and 3g. I have Download Read Item = off. Under image caching I have Unread Items and Starred Items = on, Shared Items and Note = off. Wifi Only = On.

18. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

That is exactly how I have mine configured (3GS) and it is very fast ob both wifi and 3G. Maybe try deleting the app from the phone and reinstalling?