Referb price to go down after WWDC?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mattjeff, May 25, 2014.

  1. Mattjeff macrumors 6502

    Mattjeff

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2008
    #1
    I have been looking at getting the high-end MacBook Pro w/2.3 for a while now as it's $400 off on the Referb site, however with WWDC around the corner I was curious does anybody think the price will go down immediately after?

    I'm getting it for school but I like to have it soon as possible and $400 is great but will it go down after WWDC?
     
  2. Count Blah macrumors 68030

    Count Blah

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2004
    Location:
    US of A
    #2
    I doubt it. The non retina 2012 15" MBP has only gone down $50 from its first refurb price, in the last two years.
     
  3. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

    rambo47

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2010
    Location:
    Denville, NJ
    #3
    Nah, the prices only *begin* to drop after a new model is released or after a significant refresh to the lineup. And even then it takes 6 months or so to see the prices start to creep lower. The high-end models take even longer to begin to depreciate.
     
  4. Mattjeff thread starter macrumors 6502

    Mattjeff

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2008
    #4
    So I should probably go for the
    Refurbished 15.4-inch MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-core Intel i7 with Retina Display
    $2,199.00 W/Tax $2353?
    I was thinking the newest model wouldn't likely drop in price or offer a GPU for that price.
     
  5. thundersteele macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2011
    Location:
    Switzerland
    #5
    Wouldn't hurt to wait until after WWDC, would it? The most recent rumor I heard was about cheaper iMacs, the Air already dropped in price, so who knows what is going to happen.
     
  6. Flight Plan macrumors regular

    Flight Plan

    Joined:
    May 26, 2014
    Location:
    Southeastern US
    #6
    I plan to wait until after WWDC not because I think refurb prices will go down, but because I want more information at hand before I make any decisions that I'll be living with for the next 3-5 years.

    If, as some people think, the improvements will be minor speed bumps and that's all, then I could go ahead with my refurb purchase plans with the most current knowledge of the situation.

    On the other hand, if the improvements will be major (such as any or all of the things in my signature line), then I know I won't be sorry even if my decision costs more money.

    My point is, waiting for a few weeks longer for WWDC 2014 will put me in a position of knowledge. And knowledge is power.
     
  7. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

    Barney63

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Location:
    Bolton, UK.
    #7
    I think you will be waiting a few years, not weeks.


    Barney
     
  8. Flight Plan macrumors regular

    Flight Plan

    Joined:
    May 26, 2014
    Location:
    Southeastern US
    #8
    Hmmm, I didn't say I would wait for a few years, did I? :confused:

    I said I could wait for a few weeks for MORE INFORMATION. Not once did I say I would wait forever for the perfect system.
     
  9. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

    Barney63

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Location:
    Bolton, UK.
    #9
    When you say "on the other hand", that suggests that you think it might happen in the other case of what might happen (in a couple of weeks).

    Barney
     
  10. Flight Plan macrumors regular

    Flight Plan

    Joined:
    May 26, 2014
    Location:
    Southeastern US
  11. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

    Barney63

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Location:
    Bolton, UK.
    #11
    No problems :thumbsup:


    Barney
     
  12. Mattjeff thread starter macrumors 6502

    Mattjeff

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2008
    #12
    All good advice ;) Thanks for the input everyone
     

Share This Page