Referb price to go down after WWDC?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mattjeff, May 25, 2014.

1. Mattjeff macrumors 6502

Mattjeff

I have been looking at getting the high-end MacBook Pro w/2.3 for a while now as it's $400 off on the Referb site, however with WWDC around the corner I was curious does anybody think the price will go down immediately after?

I'm getting it for school but I like to have it soon as possible and $400 is great but will it go down after WWDC?

2. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

I doubt it. The non retina 2012 15" MBP has only gone down $50 from its first refurb price, in the last two years.

3. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

Nah, the prices only *begin* to drop after a new model is released or after a significant refresh to the lineup. And even then it takes 6 months or so to see the prices start to creep lower. The high-end models take even longer to begin to depreciate.

4. Mattjeff thread starter macrumors 6502

Mattjeff

So I should probably go for the
    Refurbished 15.4-inch MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-core Intel i7 with Retina Display
    $2,199.00 W/Tax $2353?
    I was thinking the newest model wouldn't likely drop in price or offer a GPU for that price.

5. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Wouldn't hurt to wait until after WWDC, would it? The most recent rumor I heard was about cheaper iMacs, the Air already dropped in price, so who knows what is going to happen.

6. Flight Plan macrumors regular

Flight Plan

I plan to wait until after WWDC not because I think refurb prices will go down, but because I want more information at hand before I make any decisions that I'll be living with for the next 3-5 years.

If, as some people think, the improvements will be minor speed bumps and that's all, then I could go ahead with my refurb purchase plans with the most current knowledge of the situation.

On the other hand, if the improvements will be major (such as any or all of the things in my signature line), then I know I won't be sorry even if my decision costs more money.

My point is, waiting for a few weeks longer for WWDC 2014 will put me in a position of knowledge. And knowledge is power.

7. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

I think you will be waiting a few years, not weeks.

Barney

8. Flight Plan macrumors regular

Flight Plan

Hmmm, I didn't say I would wait for a few years, did I? :confused:

I said I could wait for a few weeks for MORE INFORMATION. Not once did I say I would wait forever for the perfect system.

9. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

When you say "on the other hand", that suggests that you think it might happen in the other case of what might happen (in a couple of weeks).

Barney

10. Flight Plan macrumors regular

Flight Plan

11. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

No problems :thumbsup:

Barney

12. Mattjeff thread starter macrumors 6502

Mattjeff

All good advice ;) Thanks for the input everyone