referb rMBP vs haswell

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ricken821, Nov 3, 2013.

1. ricken821 macrumors newbie

Hello macrumors!

Im looking to make an upgrade soon and Im going back and forth between these two options:

Refurbished 15.4-inch MacBook Pro 2.6GHz Quad-core Intel i7 with Retina Display
    Originally released June 2012
    8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
    512GB Flash Storage

and the current haswell refresh, 256gb 2.0ghz

anyone care to enlighten me as to why I would want to spend 100 bucks more for a smaller ssd and haswell? Am I missing something:confused:? is haswell really that great?

what about a maxed out current 13 rMBP? all suggestions and comments are welcome, just looking for some knowledge on the subject.

I do a fair amount of work on Lightroom and Photoshop.

as always, thanks for your time and thoughtful replies!

2. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

The new one has better battery life, the old one has a dedicated GPU. I don't know of any other major differences that would affect you. Yes, the SSD is faster in the new one... but it isn't like the old SSD is slow or anything by any stretch. To be honest, I'd go with the refurb. It's older, has worse battery life, but it has the 650m in it.

3. Silverrune macrumors regular

Deleted for my stupidity...

4. rMBP2013 macrumors member

Older one, for sure. The double the SSD is gonna be extremely fast, along with dedicated graphics makes the refurb a much better option.

5. john123 macrumors 68000

john123

6. ricken821 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks all. I am certainly leaning towards the referb. just wanted some additional input.