Referburished

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by WarBourne, Mar 24, 2009.

1. WarBourne macrumors newbie

i was think of getting a 1 g 8gb refurbrished ipod touch from the apple store online, is this a good idea???? i mainly mean is it reliable to get a refurburished ipod? please post

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

If refurbished iPods weren't ok, they wouldn't offer a 1 year warranty on them now would they? :) Refurbished items are usually items that didn't clear Apple's QC standards the first time, and so they re-tool and re-test the unit to make sure its in working order before offering it at lower prices. Some good deals pop up, not just for iPods but also for computer systems as well. Not sure if I would buy a 1st gen when the 2nd gen has improvements over the original model. At this point it's your decision if you want to pay $40 more for external volume controls, a built-in speaker, bluetooth (once the 3.0 software comes out). Don't forget to take into account that you'll have to pay $9.95 for the 2.2 software to upgrade the 1st gen to allow you to play games and run other applications while the 2nd gen comes with it pre-installed.

3. MattB718 macrumors newbie

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

5. ZOMG macrumors newbie

I get a lot of refurbished stuff from the apple store and it all works as good as new, its just cheaper :)

6. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

My refurbished 1G Touch came with some 1.x firmware, so I think you may be right.

Anyway OP, yes, they are a great deal.

7. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Refurb is great and so is the 1G iPod Touch.

I got mine for free as part of the promotion last September and it came with 1.x.x so you may have to pay to upgrade to the 2.x.x as I did.

I actually prefer the 1G over the 2G because of the flat back. Me no like round metal. :)

8. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

If you need a speaker to play your music out loud you may want to go for the latest version but there is nothing wrong with refurb products. Great deal.