Reflect for iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by natezire71, Nov 10, 2007.

1. natezire71 Guest

I am thinking about getting the Reflect for the touch. I don't want the iClear because it adds to much bluk for me. Does the Reflect add bulk as well? or is it thin?

2. JPJones macrumors member

It adds a little thickness, but not much. I just got my Reflect this week and I love it.

3. natezire71 thread starter Guest

4. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

I bought an Invisible Shield for mine.
    Can't recommend it enough!!!

5. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

same here :D .

i will post pictures upon request :D

6. JPP macrumors member

Hi

I got the Reflect today (had to have it shipped from Griffin to me here in London at huge expense) and it's brilliant. It does add a bit of bulk but so will any case but it's barely noticeable and adds very little weight. The invisible shield sounds great but only protects from scratches - what if you bump the pod slightly?

Anyway - I can heartily recommend the Reflect, Would post pics but no digital cam.

J

7. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

the invisible shield is a better choice if u prefer scratch protection rather than drop protection ... the thing i hated about cases other than the obvious bulk is that sometimes sand and dirt would get into the case and rub between the case and ipod scratching it :(

gimme 5 mins should have invisible shield pictures then

8. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

ok here they are (this is a full body protection one)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

couple small problems ...

1. orange peel effect ( plastic has a orange peel texture) can't notice it unless in certain angles

2. button is covered so lose the tactile feedback of it. rather like how the button felt when you first got it when it had that plastic film on it.

3. edge of the bevel on the front where the outer silver thing meets the black has a air bubble running right around it.

9. natezire71 thread starter Guest

cool. Ty for the pics. Does the case add enough bulk to where you can't plug it into speakers? forsay, the iHome2Go? like, wat i mean is, does the bottom, where you plug ur usb cable in, block it so you cant put it on speakers made for the ipod?:confused:

10. JPJones macrumors member

There's no blockage of any ports; the bottom of the case is flush with the bottom of the iPod, so there's no overhang. But since I don't use anything like iHome2Go I can't say if it would work. If I had to guess, it looks like the bottom is almost twice as wide as a bare iPod (worst case scenario).

Sorry I can't be of more help.

11. natezire71 thread starter Guest

I don't mean to be mean or anything, but could you take a close up shot of the bottom? and please make it clearer then the other shot you took, it was sorta hard to see it. If you could it would be a big help! Thanks:cool:

12. JPJones macrumors member

13. natezire71 thread starter Guest

thanks. I think it might interfear with my speakers. Oh well. I might get some new ones if it does. Thanks for all your help!:D:D

14. JPJones macrumors member