Reflection vs. AirServer AirPlay to Mac

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mcclure, May 7, 2012.

1. Mcclure macrumors member

I was wondering if anyone could recommend either of these apps for OSX. At the school I work at we are looking for a way to mirror iPads on a SMART Board. I know it won't be interactive but an app that is about $5 (in large quantities) is much better than a $99 Apple TV for hundreds of classrooms. They both seem to allow multiple devices to be mirrored at the same time which could be very helpful in a classroom.

From what I have read online people are either in one camp or the other. If anyone has used them both could you please compare features of both.

I got AirServer to work, but it seemed pretty bad with video (crashes, no/bad sound, extremely low frame rate) but it worked well with apps on the iPad. When I tried the 10 minute trial of Reflection. It didn't show up in AirPlay on my iPad and before I could figure out the problem my 10 minutes were up.

2. SirEdge82 macrumors newbie

First time poster, longtime lurker.

Just registered to reply to this thread.

I'm also in this predicament, but I was able to get Reflection to run effortlessly so that was a treat. I'm just about ready to purchase it since it will be very handy for my class as well, but then I found out about AirServer.