Reformat Intel iMac drive and restore OS 10.5.8 / Bootcamp backups

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jjdsignpro, Nov 23, 2013.

1. jjdsignpro macrumors newbie

I'm running Windows XP Professional on a FAT32 Bootcamp in Mac's Leopard OS on an Intel iMac 20" 2.4 ghz (mid-2007).

My first goal is to reformat the Intel iMac drive to the GUID scheme required for upgrade to Snow Leopard (it's scheme is ms-dos now, don't remember why). Then I want to restore backups of both OS's. I have a SuperDuper bootable intelligent clone for the Leopard partition and a Macrium image of the fat32 partition for bootcamp which I boot up with Bart PE's recovery disk with Macrium to restore that volume. I'd like to format the bootcamp partition with NTFS and try restoring the image of the FAT32 over the top if possible, or I can just format it fat32 and do a conversion later.

My next goal is to UPGRADE to Snow Leopard with a retail disk. I'm concerned how I do this from backups. My guess is I boot into the restored Leopard volume and then insert the Snow Leopard CD and start the install and use some sort of UPGRADE method presented, if there is one. Otherwise I'll just do a clean install and Migrate my apps. However when it comes to Bootcamp, I realize I'll probably need to use my Windows installer disk. But how am I to restore to that volume with backups and reinstall Bootcamp's 3.0 drivers?

2. MyMac1976 macrumors 6502

MyMac1976

You can just put the disc in a boot from it and let it upgrade for you.