Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnjeffrey

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2006
Hi there,

I am going to reformat my mac today. I'm have backed up my music and will add it all back to itunes.

Next time I put in my iPod will and try to sync it will it have to delete all the previous songs and add the new library even though the songs will be identical?

Just wondering...

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
Hi there,

I am going to reformat my mac today. I'm have backed up my music and will add it all back to itunes.

Next time I put in my iPod will and try to sync it will it have to delete all the previous songs and add the new library even though the songs will be identical?

Just wondering...

Yap, if you use iTunes :(

If you use something like Floola, no worries!

zephead

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2006
in your pants
Save the iTunes library files and put them and the music in the same place it was before (normally /Users/[you]/Music). As long as the iTunes Music folder is still the same, your iPod should sync up just like normal when you plug it in again.

johnjeffrey

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2006
Wanted to install Boot Camp and am getting an error message that I must reinstall the OS first--I checked around on the forums and it seems to be a popular problem.

Also I like to erase everything and throw back on the important stuff from time to time. It makes the machine snappier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.