Reformatting OSX?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by samrulestothema, Jun 14, 2008.

1. samrulestothema macrumors regular

Hellow everyone,

I need quite a lot cleared up here.lol

My mac's internet has been playing up lately, which is due to what i think is an illigitimate "Internet update" that i found myself downloading because a website told me to in order to watch a music clip.

So anyway, How do redo my whole computer back to normal?

and i will reinstall ALL of my programs again.

Thanks a lot

Sam

2. stealthsniper96 macrumors regular

Pop in the (re)install disk and boot off of it. On the top there should be something that says utilities, click that and open disk utility. Find the hard drive and click the tab that says erase, and make sure its formatting it as journaled. Then go through the installer.

p.s. I feel like I'm not being completly clear but it's been a while since I've done it so I don't remember everything.

3. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

I think the best option for you right now is to try an Archive and Install...

So pop in your OS X disk, and when the installer runs click on "customize" I believe, for you install options. You will have a few different ones. A clean install will format the hard disk, and archive and install will restore all your personal stuff after the install. (I think) anyway, it is best that you do a backup before you try any of this...