Refresh Question?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by swish2351, Apr 16, 2010.

1. swish2351 macrumors 6502

OK, I am in 8th grade and will be purchasing the macbook pro with all the money I have saved up. I can barely afford the 13" :D. Should I buy in the summer with the back to school free iPod Touch (my moms in college) or wait until august for the next refresh? (I can wait, but I sorta want the iPod Touch, but it's OK If I don't get it)

Also, if they put USB3.0 in laptops and desktops now, will USB2.0 fadeaway and nobody will use it anymore? Or will it be like using firewire (rarely anyone uses it) because I don't want to buy USB2.0 for it to be outdated and never used because then my laptop would be pretty much worthless.

Also, 2.4 Core2Duo is more than enough for me, same with the graphics. The specs are good. But I don't want to have the next refresh have USB3.0, LightPeak, 16:9 and all the other cool stuff

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

No USB 3.0 until 2011 because Intel doesn't want to adopt it. It's also backwards compatible so USB2 devices will work in USB3 ports. iPod deal should start pretty soon so if you can hold on, it's probable worth it

3. swish2351 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sweet, thanks so much! I will hopefully be getting my laptop soon. But what about AMD? Look at this link

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/04/16/apple-considering-adopting-amd-processors-for-upcoming-macs/

Apple might adopt AMD and ATI according to this!

ALso, when do you think they will change the design

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Doubt it. AMD is WAY behind in mobile CPUs so we would go back to 2GHz dual core time. There has always been rumors about AMD Macs but so far there has been none.

No redesign anytime soon and next update isn't likely before late 2010, maybe early 2011 because of Sandy Bridge