"Refreshed" MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by interairproxima, Aug 8, 2007.

1. interairproxima macrumors newbie

I remember someone saying that apple stores had "refreshed" laptops and such. I believe he meant that the products had been used and returned without specific issues, i.e. unnecessary buy. Does anyone know if these machines exist and how much they cost, and if Apple Stores have special prices for refurbs?
    Thanks!

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

on the front page of the apple store, scroll down on the left, and you'll see a link for the refurbished section of the store (see attached image). you can also click here. :)

Attached Files:

3. interairproxima thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks so much. I already saw those deals, but do the actual stores offer any better ones, or do they sell their floor models and etc?:D

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i don't think apple retail stores will sell you the older models. what's wrong with the online apple store?

5. interairproxima thread starter macrumors newbie

Nothing, but I was hoping that if they wanted to sell off a floor model they'd offer better deals :D. Oh well, time to count pennies towards a 2.4 ghz MBP.

6. weckart macrumors 68040

I bought a refreshed iBook at the Regent St Applestore. It was apparently a cancelled order in an unopened original box, immediately distinguishing this from refurbished, which come in plain boxes. The discounts vary, but are typically around 10% of the original list price and rising to 50% for peripherals.

Refreshed covers a lot of stock - computers, hard drives, speakers, headphones, wires, cables and adaptors, iPod accoutrements, and occasionally iPods. It is often a way of depleting obsolete stock after upgrades, so I would expect to see some refreshed iMacs and Mac minis on sale soon.

7. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

why not 2.2?

8. spyderracer393 macrumors regular

I think a floor model is the worst way to go. Better off buying on eBay. Floor models are played with all day, are always running, and ignorant kids screw around with them.