Refreshing apple store on mobile

projectfx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
There has to be a better way then closing and reopening the application... Right? Is there no way to refresh?

On the flip side when my wife got the 8 with IUP she got a pop up saying "its time to upgrade". Just not sure how timely that popup showed up.

Reactions: cinder

projectfx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
So would you sit there starting at 12:01 and open close? Do you start earlier? I remember several times the preorder opened like 11:55.

cakebytheocean

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2017
There has to be a better way then closing and reopening the application... Right? Is there no way to refresh?

On the flip side when my wife got the 8 with IUP she got a pop up saying "its time to upgrade". Just not sure how timely that popup showed up.
In another thread someone mentioned that if you have made your configuration a favorite you can click on the back to 'account' button in the top left and then click on the favorite again and that should refresh it. I tried and it does in fact show the spinning wheel indicating a refresh.

This would seem to be quicker than closing and reopening the application outright.

projectfx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Ah not an option for me. Apparently you have to use the mobile device for the IUP.

haqsha23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2017
Mississauga
In another thread someone mentioned that if you have made your configuration a favorite you can click on the back to 'account' button in the top left and then click on the favorite again and that should refresh it. I tried and it does in fact show the spinning wheel indicating a refresh.

This would seem to be quicker than closing and reopening the application outright.
And that was rebutted as you will not be able to get into the App store to even be on the favorites page until it goes live.

cakebytheocean

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2017
And that was rebutted as you will not be able to get into the App store to even be on the favorites page until it goes live.
Thats a good point - thanks for the heads up as I hadnt even thought about it that way.

Any idea if the app will refresh on its own if its open? what about the suggestion someone had to switch to another app and then switch back to the app store?

EDIT: Go IceDogs