Refrub Macbook Pro from Microcenter

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sotorious, Jun 7, 2018.

1. sotorious macrumors 6502a

Has any one ever purchased one from there and what are you thoughts on it. Should be pretty much the same as me getting it from apple correct? The only thing i will try to get them to answer me on is what the repair for the macbook was.

I cant call the phone system is down. Would love to hear anyone's experience.

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

Years ago I bought a then-current 2010 MBP13 as an openbox return from the microcenter store near me. They let me run the serial number against Apple's warranty-checking webpage and it had 11 months of warranty left. Microcenter had reimaged the system. Used that for many years.

I don't know who does the refurbishment for Microcenter.

Unless there's a significant price difference I'd personally go with a refurb directly from Apple since you can buy AppleCare on it.

3. robvas macrumors 68030

I have bought refurbs from Microcenter. It's an open box like Best Buy, it's not a refurb like Apple. Good way to save a couple hundred bucks.

Unless they are buying refurbs from Apple and selling them

OR

They are 'refurbishing' used Macs...

4. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just spoke with them. The phone system was down from them yesterday. It is labeled as refurb they dont know why it was refurbed but i am able to buy apple care for the unit at the time of purchase. So that is huge plus. I am saving an addition 250 dollars off the refurb price from apple and i am able to get it today which is a huge plus.