Refund app purchase

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by primedime, Jan 1, 2012.

1. primedime macrumors member

I just recently got one of my apps in the store. Things are going well but I had one user tell me something wasn't working properly and he wanted a refund. How do i go about issuing a refund??

Sorry if this is not the right place to ask this.

Thanks.

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Any refund claims will have to go through Apple, you can't do anything. You are the one creating the product, but Apple is the one that is marketing it and selling it on their own App Store, they are the ones that process all the profits and split it accordingly, thus it is their responsibility to deal with any refund requests. I'd let the customer know to contact Apple through either contact links in iTunes, or the "report a problem" feature in their iTunes account.

3. primedime thread starter macrumors member

Alrighty... I appreciate it.

Kind of sucks because i don't want this person to leave a bad review. He is claiming videos are not working but we have had thousands of downloads and no one else has said anything about it.

I have told him to delete then reinstall the app and see whats happens.

4. firewood macrumors 604

You can't issue a refund. Only Apple can.

You didn't sell them anything. Only Apple did. Apple collected the purchase price, so Apple has the money, not you.

I tell them to look for the Term of Purchase on iTunes, and the Report a Problem link they got in their receipt email from iTunes. If they actually purchased your app (and are not just trying to see if they can scam you), they will be able to find the link.