Refund/bumper policy for new iPhone 4 purchases in US from Apple Stores...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PaulMoore, Jul 31, 2010.

1. PaulMoore macrumors regular

Maybe I have misread the terms of Apple's offer to unhappy iPhone owners, but does the 30 day refund policy extend to new purchases? (I know it ends Sept 30th). I am thinking of buying an iPhone and the assistant in the Apple store said there would be a restocking fee- I thought that have been waived?

Also, are the bumpers on offer for free to new purchases?

If anyone has experience of a recent purchase, or knows the answer I'd appreciate it!

Thanks

2. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

Any new iPhone purchases will have their restocking fee waived up until Sept 30th. The Apple Store representative was incorrect. Next time when you are asking them questions like this, make sure to write down their names and they will be much more likely to double check for the correct answer rather than just telling you the first thing on their mind.

3. ngrimes-2010 macrumors regular

+1

Every time I'm in the Apple store I hear some idiot tell a customer the wrong thing.

2 examples from yesterday, while waiting to buy my 32gb iPhone 4:

Customer: So will my new ip4 lose signal often?
    Apple rep: It barely happens to anyone. Overseas they don't have the problem at all. A lot of people think it's AT&T.

Customer (after having the rep activate his ip4): What are some things I can do to maximize battery life?
    Apple rep: 1st thing you can do is go into settings and turn off auto brightness. Here's why: Say you're in the dark. Your iPhone recognizes this when auto brightness is on and turns the screen on brighter.

::facepalm::

But yeah OP, you have 30 days. And just download the free case app when you get your phone and order your free case.

4. PaulMoore thread starter macrumors regular

Great- thanks- I knew I would get a more accurate answer on here!