Refund for app purchases

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Gyroscopeuk, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Gyroscopeuk macrumors newbie

I have bought an app that I am not happy with. If this was any other product I would take it back to the shop after purchase and realising it is not what I wanted for a refund. How do I go about getting my money refunded through iTunes?

2. jhatz macrumors member

While there is tricky ways to get a refund for your apps it's not designed to be for customers who are not happy with the app. You bought it, it's yours. You should have read the reviews and evaluated your purchase more wisely.:rolleyes:

3. ashley1496 macrumors regular

Wow, could the person above been any LESS helpful?

Honestly, I've done this before...from iTunes on your computer hit "problem with purchase". If you say is "problem with app" they will merely tell you to contact the seller of the app, but if you go a different route and get to email apple support they will refund your money. They were wonderful and understanding about it, and I had the money back in a couple days.

4. Blue Fox macrumors 6502a

Blue Fox

Yes, any OTHER product you could do this with, but not with opened software. No retail store will return an opened piece of software, nor would they exchange it other than for the same title. Unfortunately, when you buy software, it's yours.

You could always try to ask Apple support for a refund, but remember, contacting Apple support for a refund just because you don't like it or realize you aren't using it anymore is NOT what that service is intended for. It is a courtesy for people who accidentally purchased the wrong app, or for apps that do not function as described. If you are seeking a refund because you bought an app and realized that it doesn't work as described or there is an actual problem with it, then yes, I would seek a refund too. But if you bought it, and just don't like it.........well I'm sorry. That's how buying software works unfortunately.....regardless if it's in the App store or at a retail store.

5. Vizin, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  6. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

yes.

the poster could have spewed invective and hate with the unhelpful response.

welcome to MR.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Reviews are pointless for the most part. I cannot rely on reviews when many of them are often brought about by way of free app codes. Frankly, you should have a limited amount of time to evaluate the app, especially if a free version is not available. Not only does this happen in the Android App Store, it works wonderfully (for the most part).

I have purchased two apps over the years that have stopped working due to issues with the developer or issues with the developer not being up front with their pricing policy for in app purchases. Both times my requests for refunds were denied despite one of the two apps being pulled by Apple due to violation of Amazon's TOS. So yeah, I bought it, is mine ... that BS doesn't fly well for most intelligent buyers.

8. Mala13y macrumors newbie

app refund

i have refunded an app and its easy all u do is go to itunes and click on your account type in your password and click purchase history and click report a problem then email them and they will email l u back within 24 hrs and wholla refunded app.