Refund Issue?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hoopdy, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

My iPod Touch that I ordered on Sept 7 showed up at my door finally last night, and to my astonishment, it was DOA w/ several problems that you can probably already think of.

When I just called Apple Support to be issued a refund, they said it wouldn't be possible because I purchased the Touch in the first place with a My Visa Gift Card, that cannot have money put back onto it. The money can only be refunded to the card the product was purchased with, so there's my problem.

Can you think of any ways to get around this situation? I just want to buy it locally now.

Thanks for your time.

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

3. iTouch macrumors 6502

Why can't they issue a check instead? If you have an Apple Store you can exchange it there or use their on-line service.

4. Hoopdy thread starter macrumors 6502

Exactly what I told her. She said it is my responsibility to handle it with my bank. I also asked if I could do the return through the Apple Store in Seattle, Washington, and again she refused.

I may finally have this worked out though. After a short call to my bank they have told me I can re-route and get my money back within 7 business days after Apple issues the refund.

Thanks, guys!