Refund of Crap/Non-working Apps?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Rob.G, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Rob.G macrumors 6502

Rob.G

Who do we have to talk to at the AppStore or whatever, to get our money back when an app we purchase is crap or doesn't work? I'm tired of blowing money on stuff that doesn't work.

Today I got that Atari games compilation app and did the in-app $14.99 purchase for the 99 extra games. Well no matter what I do, it won't download. It always errors almost right away with, "bad length on connection" or something like that. I've tried two different networks, made sure I've restarted the app, etc.

Rob

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Contact customer service. They'll be able to fix you up. If it won't install, I'm sure they'll give you your money back.

3. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

Even though they say no refunds ever, they will refund if you have a convincing case.

Email Apple customer service. State you case, politely, and tell them why you want a refund. They want you to be a happy customer so they will respond. They will tell you this is a one time only refund and not to expect another refund in the future.

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Contact iTunes support through Apple Support online and there will be a chat option. Just tell them your case. I got the in-app purchase of $10 with NBA Game-Time because push notifications refuse to work and it keeps crashing.

5. gquiring macrumors regular

gquiring

I bought the $15 pack also and it was a somewhat slow download. It's only 68meg but it took a good 10 minutes on a very fast pipe FIOS (35/35) plan. Did you try rebooting your iPad and then download?

6. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

They have credited me in the past, and sometimes they will say, sorry contact the developer. That annoys me because the developers never reply. I would love to see a running thread of "glitchy" or "broken" apps so I can add the ones I know of and save others the $$ and time :)

7. Stefx73 macrumors regular

I wish Apple had the same 24h no-questions-asked refund policy that the Android store has ( from what I heard )

8. sillyrabbitt macrumors 6502

it used to be. its 15 minutes now.