All iPads Refund on faulty iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Thatquadguy, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Thatquadguy macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I bought an iPad in mid january and had to return it a week later due to image retention, the second replacement also has image retention and I'm now wondering if I could get a refund on my iPad?

I'm in the UK so the sales goods act covers me for a refund on faulty goods but won't apple just try and replace it?

I'd like a refund not a replacement

My iPad is over a month past the return policy

2. HenryDJP macrumors 603

You're really asking the wrong people here. You need to speak with the retailer that sold you the iPad.

3. Phils01 macrumors member

Good luck with that one - I bought my Air from Currys and it developed a fault and I took it back 2 days outside the return date - all Currys wanted to do was send it to Apple, wouldn't even consider a replacement or refund :(:(

I ended up dealing with Apple direct who just replaced it - no refund.

I did kick up a fuss and ended up getting a £54 discount off an ipad mini I was buying and a free ipad mini cover.

But NO refund - sorry the best I could suggest is sell it on eBay

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm not familiar with British consumer laws but I'd say if you're beyond the return policy you don't have any options other then getting it repaired/replaced.

I can't see how people could get refunds (even on defects) if they go beyond the return period.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Your outside the refund window. You'll be offered an exchange

6. madgibbon macrumors regular

You bought the original iPad mid Jan which is nearly two months ago, this is when the warranty starts, not the date you received the replacement. I believe UK retail law states the supplier of the product is only obliged to provide a refund in the first 30 days. After 30 days they are within their rights to replace/repair the product.