iPad Refund on iPad 3 in Australia

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KiwiAdventure, Mar 23, 2013.

1. KiwiAdventure macrumors 6502a

Back in Queensland Australia for the week and went into our local Apple store their with my 12 month old iPad 3 4g and asked for a refund due to miss leading advertising 12 months ago saying the iPad 4g would work on Australia telecoms 4g network which it did not so Apple was prosecuted and find for misleading the public. Apple agreed with a full refund for any one who was not mislead.

I had a debate with the sales guy and then his team leader, but once I got to the store manager things changed and I was able to exchange my iPad 3 for a iPad 4, 4g. I did pay a small difference to upgrade to a 128g. :cool:

Just shows stand your ground and ask for the store manager. ;)

Plus Apple Australia has to have a 2 year warranty on all Apple products purchased in Australia after being told they have to abide by Australia regulation.

What's with Apple selling products around the world and not abiding by local country regulation.

The world does not revolve around Apple:eek:

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It really depends on the carrier's definition of 4G. Here in the US, AT&T likes to think that their HSPA+ network is a 4G network. I would call that false advertising, but they still get away with it.

Personally I don't think Apple is getting around anyone's regulation, it's too many government "knowitalls" that's the issue.

3. temna macrumors 6502a

temna

Actually, I think you're thinking about T-Mobile...

4. KiwiAdventure thread starter macrumors 6502a

If Apple wants to sell their product in another country then Apple abides by the countries consumer regulations. We have freedoms to address Apples bad behaviour.

If Apple did not bother to find out the appropate regulation then the fine should be doubled.

We are also going to change the law that companies like Apple have to pay full tax in Australia and New Zealand and not hide their income in countries like Irland who are almost bankrupt because of their poor tax regulations.

Apple should also become a corporate citizen and donate or sponsor charities.

5. temna macrumors 6502a

temna

Really? Australia can only make Apple pay taxes on sales made in Australia. They can't force Apple to pay taxes on money made in Europe.