Refund policy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by whitedragon101, Oct 15, 2010.

1. whitedragon101 macrumors 6502a

I keep looking at the glossy vs matte threads and I think the only way to make a decision is to see both in the flesh side by side in a number of conditions.

My idea is to buy both laptops, make a decision and return one. This page seems to say you can return your laptop within 14 days.
    http://store.apple.com/uk/help/returns_refund

But looking at the detailed conditions it says:
    "7.3 (ii) The Product(s) are returned in their original condition and the security seals on the Product(s) are intact;"
    http://storeimages.apple.com/1444/s...uk/Images/salespolicies_consumer.html#topic-7

Does this mean you have 14 days to look at your laptop sealed in the box in order to decide if you like it?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If you open the package and use the laptop, you have to pay a restocking fee of 10% I think.

Can't you spend some time in several stores with both models?

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

Most countries don't have an apple store on every street corner, and most resellers only have the base models.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

As the OP seems to be from the UK, there might be a store or two in his or her area though. But maybe I'm spoilt by living in a four million village.

5. whitedragon101 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I live in Bournemouth in the UK. There is an Apple Store in Southampton which is a 1 hour drive. Not ideal but doable I guess.

I thought though that seeing them side by side under fluorescent lighting may not be very representative of the varied conditions of real use eg:

-by a window with natural light (sunny/overcast)
    -outside without shade
    -darker for film watching/gaming in the evening

6. gtunderwood macrumors newbie

im not sure on gas prices in the UK but i would think that if you could afford to buy both at the same time, you might be able to afford the gas to drive the 2 hrs. id call the apple store to see if they have both products to look at on the floor before you go though.

7. devilstrider macrumors 6502a

I agree.

8. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

If you are going to go through all that effort, you might as well bring in your own equipment and simulate it yourself. srsly. do low/no light with a hood. Bright spots w/ a strobe of some sort. etc etc.

9. whitedragon101 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Its easy to afford just about anything when you buy it on a credit card and return it before you have to pay the bill :)

10. Identity Fraud macrumors 6502

I feel your pain. If you can afford pissing away the restocking fee on the unit you return go for it. I always wished the screen was detachable and you could swap glossy/mate on a whim