Refurb 13 Macbook pro retina 256 ssd

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by timex7, Apr 10, 2013.

1. timex7 macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,

I wanted some help. I was looking to buy a macbook and before i was leaning more towards the 13 in air since iit is less expensive than the retina and i am a university student. However, i just saw the 13 inch macbook pro retina refurb with 256 ssd for 1359 and its almost the same price as the air. Should I pull the trigger now (for the retina) or is it better to wait for the new rmbp with haswell?? Also this will be my first mac. I don't do muc gaming, and i will bring it to lectures to take notes mostly.

Thanks for the help

2. cjohnson348 macrumors newbie

Hi

I had the same exact debate and I am a first time Mac users as well. I liked how small the air was, but liked the extra power the rMBP has. I absolutely wanted 8gb of RAM (future proof because I'm keeping this expensive thing for at least 4 years) and 256 SSD. When I BTO the air (about a month ago the configuration I wanted wasn't available refurbished) the price was relatively the same as getting the refurbished rMBP. I ended up buying the retina and I am obsessed.

Went into the store and looked at both the pro and the air side-by-side. I'm not a tech junkie by any means and the difference in the screen resolution was VERY obvious. The screen along with the faster processor won me over. Both the 8gb/256 air and rMBP were available this morning in the refurb store for the same price ($1359 I think). I think you just get more for your money with the retina and its just a little heavier.

Hope this helps.

PS

When I bought my refurb retina a month ago I hit the lottery and ended up with a 2.9 i7 processor (had ordered a 2.3 i5). Now I def think I got my money's worth.

3. BetaDan macrumors newbie

Just get the rMBP

Just get the rMBP, you cant go wrong, worse case is you get a little stronger carrying it around. Also the resale value and the upgradeablity will be there where its not for the Air.:apple:

4. timex7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!!!, after thinking about it and reading your responses i got the retina display macbook pro!!!!!:).
    Hope I hit the lottery as well lol it would be epic