Refurb 2.4 MacBook price drop ?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kopo, Apr 3, 2009.

1. kopo macrumors newbie

Anyone else notice this? its showing up as $1299 now, pushed me over to pull the trigger and get one...

2. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

3. TylerDurden130 macrumors member

WHAT?!! I just ordered on last Tuesday at 1,399! Do you think Apple would give me the difference back?

4. gsampson macrumors member

Kinda makes me upset too, since I just got a 2.4 on ebay for 1300. Owell thats technology!

5. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

6. xenaki macrumors member

xenaki

Sweet. I'm gonna have to get one now. Thanks.

7. IrishSniper87 macrumors regular

Refurb 2.4 price drop? Thats the exact computer I was planning on buying is a few weeks!

Maybe they have a lot and are trying to clear them out. Or maybe they are refreshing the 2.4 or something.

Who knows, but I'm excited. Still trying to decide if I should get a refurb 2.4 MacBook or the low end pro.

Decisions, decisions.

8. navanod macrumors member

9. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

If they wanted to clear them out, why make them refurbs? They would just drop the price. They've not been refurbished anyway have they... New stock won't be in for ages to come because theres worth upgrading to. It's probably just because they wait untill they have a lot of Refurbs and sell them all at the same time.

10. navanod macrumors member

Making them refurbs does a couple things... 1. Discounting is bad... it hurts you down the road when you release the new version at a higher price. 2. It pisses off the people that just bought at full pop. Refurb prevents both of these. Seriously, do they really have that much refurb MacBook 2.4's??? :confused:

11. drew0020 macrumors 68000

drew0020

Most of the computers seem to be between 14-20% off so I dont think I would read anything into this price. And I have no idea how many they have? Anyone know how to determine that?

12. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

There hasn't been MacBooks in the Refurb store for yonks untill a few days ago. Why? Well they couldn't just put lets say, 3 MacBooks on. That's just sily. So what i think they do is wait untill they have a lot and put them all on at the same time.;)

13. Darkroom Guest

Darkroom

i hope they don't sell out before monday... i'm so all over this...

14. TylerDurden130 macrumors member

I ordered mine about a week ago before the price drop, I saw this and called Apple. Thinking that its doubtful they would give me the difference, $100, but maybe in store credit or even an $80 shuffle. To my surprise they said they would just put the $100 back on my card! I haven't had any issues with my refurb, if the box would have been original I would have thought it was new.

15. relativist macrumors regular

I noticed it also, but had the sense to keep quite about it! ... I kid. Anyway, is it possible they were not selling as well as expected. Also, maybe a slight bump is in the works.