Refurb 27" iMac 3.06 IC2D worth it?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by agsstructures, Jul 22, 2011.

1. agsstructures macrumors newbie

Hello Guys,

New to this forum and I just ordered a refurbished 27" Imac 3.06 Intel 4GB and 1TB hard drive. I will be primarily using this for a small business and am planning to get rid of my late 2010 macbook pro. The iMac will serve as the replacement along with a 2011 MBA which will take care of my mobile needs. My question is is the 27" iMac good? I will be using it primarily for invoicing, email and pictures. I do not do any video/photo editing and I will not be doing any gaming. I paid $1049 through Apple's website yesterday and it seems they are not available anymore. Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks

2. Dresevski macrumors 6502

The iMac will be fine for a few years. Seems like a pretty good deal just for the 27" screen. In my mind it wouldn't be worth it to return it at this point. Since you probably bought the last refurbished one you might even be upgraded to a newer model should something seriously bad happen to the machine.

3. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

i would not invest in a Core 2 machine at this point. I know you did, but just a little bit more would net you an i5 27". It's the better computer.

4. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

If it's for a business I wouldn't worry about it. Itll be fine for most people's needs. I have a much older c2d iMac at 2.4 ghz and it still runs quite well and it's the 24". $1049 is pretty good considering that a 27" cinema display from apple costs $999 and probably has the same screen.

5. agsstructures thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the replies guys. I think it will be a good fit for what im looking for. I know its a little outdated but wanted to keep the costs to a minimum because of the MBA I just purchased.