Refurb 27 just came, what to check?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by electricdreams, Jul 19, 2011.

1. electricdreams macrumors member

just got a i5 27 inch 2011 model

wondering what should I check for to see if things are in order, any special app out there, to check hd/ temp/ screen..

thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

iStat Pro will track temps, among other things. Beyond that, just use your new Mac as you normally would. In the rare event that you encounter a problem, you're fully covered by warranty.

3. electricdreams thread starter macrumors member

ok great!

what #? are normal range for temps/ and hd ..ect

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The Intel processors used in Macs are designed to automatically shut down to prevent damage if they truly overheat (around 100C/212F - 105C/221F, depending on your processor). As long as that's not happening frequently, you don't have to worry about temps.

5. Mr Rogers macrumors regular

First thing you should check is 'Yellow tint' and dead pixels, just google iMac yellow tint test and link to one of the test sites - please note yellow tint is an issue on most iMacs, if you are lucky, yours may have little discolouration, if it has very noticeable yellow tint - change it now.

After running LCD tests, iStats is good, together with Disc Genius and Tech Tool Pro to test HDD, CPU, Memory and Wireless.

Any issues whatsoever, be sure to complain and change it within the 14 days allowance you are given.

I'm very happy with the two iMac 27in i7's I have, both BTO options having received dud i5's - also running Lion, so a happy chap.