Refurb 3G iPod touch Worth it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MaxMike, Mar 14, 2011.

1. MaxMike macrumors 6502

I right now have the 1G iPod touch and I feel like it is on it's last leg. Apps crash, the entire experience isn't very zippy, etc. I was going through the online store and saw a 32GB 3G refurb for $199. Is this a pretty good deal? I do not really see a need for me to have the 4's cameras, and the processor should keep things running OK. I am going to get the next Verizon iPhone so that should take care of any new hardware coming out this year :). Any input? Thanks! :apple:

2. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I sold my refurb 1G iPod touch for $100 and got a 4G iTouch. My main reason was gaming and better battery life. I thought the camera would be a sweet tool. But so far I like using the Facetime better. Friends can connect with me face to face. SO very Jetson. :) Also, I use the camera for taking photos when I'm shopping. If I see a product I can snap a photo so I can view at home.

Apple has 4G iTouch Refurbs You can get a 32GB for $50 off

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC540LL/A?mco=MjEzOTMxODM

Refurbs come with the same warrantee

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

For 200 bucks, the 3rd gen isn't worth it. I feel like you can get a 4g one for that price. Just have to wait for them to show up on craiglist or wait until this summer when people unload them by loads when the back to school promo is up.

4. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

Gotta go retina

The retina screen on the 4g totally makes it worth the extra cost! You may not expect to take many pictures with it, but they are mega useful for things like Skype, FaceTime, and other apps like red laser and google googles!

5. viperGTS macrumors 65816

Hell yes! i wish i took that offer! the retina display makes the 4G about as fast as a 3G when playing 3D games, infact the 3rd gen might be better.
    unless you want cameras, built in mic, gyro. unless you dont plan on 3D gaming :p but you also get 32GB.

6. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

I don't think the iPod Touch 3G is worth the money right now. In a few months (Well in September) the next generation iPod Touch will be released and the iPod Touch 3G will be pretty much obsolete and soon left behind just like the iPod Touch 2nd generation. I'd personally either buy the 4th generation, or wait till the 5th comes out in September.