refurb 8gb or wait for 16gb?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by WordLife565, Jul 20, 2010.

?

What should I do?

Poll closed Aug 19, 2010.
  1. 8GB refurb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. wait for possible 16gb next gen model

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. WordLife565 macrumors regular

I lost my old 8gb iPod touch earlier this year, and now am in the market for a new one.

I need help deciding on whether to buy a refurbished $150 8gb iPod touch from apple which is a limited time offer, or wait and get a possible and unconfirmed 16gb 4th gen iPod touch, which would probably be around 200 bucks.

Now I have 35 gigs of music, and 6 seasons worth of Entourage, and 2 of true blood on my computer, but I am fine with just having a limited amount of music and video on my iPod and just updating my iPod each day according to what I plan on listening to/watching for the day, so size wasn't a big problem for me with my last iPod.

But I don't need the extra space, and could just save the 50 bucks and use it on accessories/apps

and the 8gb refurb is a limited time offer, and the new iPod touch might not be a 16 gb version anyways.

what do you guys think I should do:confused::confused:

2. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

You know, you could get any iPod touch from Apple and still qualify for the offer. With 32 and 64 GB models, it's just the value of the 8GB ($199 USD) off.

To answer your question, wait. If you got an 8GB iPod touch now, it would basically be two generations obsolete in two months' time. Save your money and wait it out a bit.

3. WordLife565 thread starter macrumors regular

i'm not talking about the macbook deal, i'm just talking about getting an 8gig from the refurb store on apples site.

4. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

Ah. Ignore the first half of my post then.

5. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

You should wait and see what happens with the 4G and if its not to your liking you should buy a refurb off ebay.