Refurb Air 2 a good buy?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by viperGTS, Sep 10, 2015.

1. viperGTS macrumors 65816

I'm interested in getting an iPad, but the Pro doesn't appeal to me (cool concept though), and I don't want an Air as it is uses an A7 (which feels outdated already on my 5s). I was also considering the Mini 4, but I think the extra screen real estate of the Air 2 would prove to be useful, particularly for watching videos and using split screen multitasking to a fuller extent.

Anyone else considering a refurb Air 2 like I am? Is it a good purchase at this time?

My main uses would be to use it for coding (using an online IDE) and watching Netflix/Hulu, along with web browsing without having to pull out my MacBook.

2. Serickmetz macrumors 6502

Serickmetz

Nope. Wait for the air 2 to go on sale. It's usually $100 off (price I got) but sometimes they go as low as $375. Both options are cheaper than a refurb, plus they are brand spankin.

3. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

NOW would be a great time...before it become's buyer remorse.

4. viperGTS thread starter macrumors 65816

Oh wow, thank you for this advice! I can probably wait until Black Friday, hopefully they have deals on them around that time.

True, I think I can wait a bit longer though.

5. Serickmetz macrumors 6502

Serickmetz

Ooh yeah Black Friday is a great idea.

6. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

I'm on the same boat...I was thinking maybe a refurb from Apple or whoever has the best offer...for either an iPad Air 2 or iPad Mini 3 since those have been axed from the lineup, I'm sure those will receive a discount soon as well. I guess it won't hurt to hold out a little longer!