Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emac82

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
Atlantic Canada
I just bought my first ever refurbished item from Apple, an Airport Express Base Station, to bridge with my Airport Extreme, for Air Tunes, and it's a freakin DOA. I was so excited to get it setup this weekend, when I actually have some free time, and as luck would have it, the lights came on for about 10 seconds and it's been dead ever since.

I tried every reset a dozen times each, no dice. Called Apple, they are shipping me a new one, which is great, but I just hate it when stuff like this happens.

So much for "checking it twice" for QC...:(

bijou

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2007
Sorry for your bad luck.

I've purchased multiple items from the outlet store and have never had any issues with them.

emac82

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
Atlantic Canada
It happens, get over it.

Sorry, man, I know it stinks. I'd be grousy if it happened to me too. But when you get the working one, you'll love it. :)

A) I'm a woman

B)There is "nothing" to get over, I'm not ticked or anything. I just thought I would write my first refurb experience. I was all excited to get it set up, because it's the first time in a long time I have had time off work, for more than 1 day.

Oh well, it's a part of life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.