Refurb & Apple

Discussion in 'iMac' started by CosmoPilot, Jul 23, 2011.

1. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Ordering an iMac from the refurb store today. I've owned refurb computers in the past, and have had excellent experience (plus it saves a few bucks).

This question is not about the difference in the actual computer, but the difference in how Apple treats the sale.

Can anyone explain the difference from Apple's perspective from a refurb purchase as opposed to an in store purchase? Is this an "all sales are final" type of deal. I know it has the same protection and warranty coverage and there could be cosmetic imperfections, etc.

We are finally getting rid of the old PC desktop for an iMac. After the wife's laptop dies, our household will be complete!

Thanks in advance!

Cosmo

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

3. McRCN macrumors regular

I bought a iMac refurb last year. Everything is the same as purchasing new, except for the discount!

4. CosmoPilot thread starter macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

So if the refurb shows up with a serious flaw of some kind (even though it works fine) I could take it into an Apple Store and replace it?

Thanks for the info. I've always been a fan of refurbs since they go through additional testing. I haven't had a bad one yet...but I haven't refurb'd through Apple yet either.

Cosmo

5. fivedots macrumors 6502a

No, I believe you have to go through phone support for refurb issues. At least for returns. I'm sure once you're on warranty it's all the same.

6. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

From a post sales perspective it's treated identically to a new machine. Apple does not change it's service on Apple refurb machines in ANY way, in other words customers and machines are treated identically to those purchased new. This is one of the beauties of a refurb form Apple.