Refurb AW2 - Good deal?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by nikolas410, Sep 13, 2017.

1. nikolas410, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017

nikolas410 macrumors newbie

Hi - I was waiting for the AW3 to come out but I'm not interested in the cellular version and only want the Sport model.

What puts me off is the non-ceramic back on the newer model. Is the composite back really that bad?

I just ran across a refurb Apple Watch Series 2 for $279 on apple.com and I was wondering if that is a good deal?

2. satchmo macrumors 68020

Indeed!
    Not sure you'll see it drop much further than that...at Target or BestBuy.

I placed an order for one on the Canadian site for only $349 CDN (which means they've adjusted the exchange rate from 1.30 to 1.25)

:)

3. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

I was walking past an Apple store just now and stopped in and asked if they had discounted the S2 yet. The guy said hold on and started looking up stuff on his point of sale device. After a long few minutes he said yes they are $329. I picked one up. My main reason was for the ceramic back. I plan on having it for at least two years. Also, if they go down in price any more in the next few months I will put in a claim for price protection on my Amex.

4. squirrrl macrumors 6502a

squirrrl

Good call.. might do this after I see what B&H has next week. Want to get one of the last 42mm Gold Al ones.

5. doodads macrumors 6502

doodads

I stopped in the Apple Store today. The price of a new S2 42mm SBSS has dropped $50 to $549. A refurbished one has dropped $40 to $469. I think I'll also wait to see what B&H does.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 13, 2017 ---
    I just went to the B&H website. They have discounted some of the S2 watches. I bought a S2 42mm SBSS for $499.99. Free shipping, no sales tax.

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Also, a refurbished Apple Watch from Apple comes with a one year warranty attached as well.

7. nikolas410 thread starter macrumors newbie

So I assume you consider this to be worth it? To be honest, I don't see any benefit to get the AW3 Sport for $80 just for the faster processor. Only plan to use it for the gym and running.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Then I would consider the Series 2. As I think that will meet all your needs for physical fitness.