Refurb exchange?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by seh80, Sep 3, 2007.

1. seh80 macrumors 6502

seh80

Has anyone ever exchanged a perfectly good refurb Mac for another? My new refurb MBP is around a week old and has under an hour of use. It's just too big and too much computer for my needs. I posted a feeler trade thread, and someone said I could exchange with no penalty. I thought there would at least be a restocking fee? :confused: Has anyone actually done this?

Just thought I'd ask before I get on the phone tomorrow, have some idea what I'll be facing. Can't find any info on the apple site or by searching here. Could have missed it though.

Thanks!

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Pretty sure there would be a 10% restocking fee.

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

You are probably going to be subject to a 10% restocking fee as aaronw1986 has said, unless there is a problem with your MacBook Pro. :eek: :)

4. seh80 thread starter macrumors 6502

seh80

Thank you both! That is exactly what I was expecting. This is my fault after all, nothing wrong on Apple's end.

The help is much appreciated. :)

5. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

No problem, I just hope you find the computer that you are looking for. Are you considering a MacBook? :)

6. GlynJones macrumors 6502

I bought a refurb BlackBook a couple of weeks ago that was scratched and they did not charge me to return it or charge me postage as I was buying a brand new one.

Worth giving them a ring and explaining the situation as you have nothing to loose.