Refurb from Apple vs new from B&H?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LGIR627, May 8, 2017.

1. LGIR627 macrumors member

I'm potentially in the market for a 13" 2016 MBP and was wondering if there were any reasons NOT to buy from B&H? Since they do not collect state sales tax for my state, the price comes to within $25 of a refurb (with tax) from Apple. I usually buy my Apple products from Apple, but its hard to ignore getting a new one for about the same price.

Thank you for any input.

2. MrGuder macrumors 68020

It comes down to returns vs no returns accepted which do you hold of greater value?

3. reserves macrumors member

I'd get one from Apple, Apple let you return anything for any reason.

4. treekram macrumors 6502a

B&H has a 30-day returns policy which says "If you are dissatisfied with your purchase for any reason, you may return it to B&H within 30 days of the purchase date, subject to the conditions and exclusions below."

One of the "conditions and exclusions below" includes "Opened computers and computer software — original packaging cannot be unsealed".

So I would take that to mean if you open the box, use the computer and it works fine but you don't like it, you can't return it. It's best to call/live chat with them to make sure.

I'm taking a package to mail to B&H today. The computer item I bought died within a few days of receiving it. They issued an RMA - no problems. Their website also states that the buyer is responsible for return shipping for returns but for my defective item, they're taking care of the shipping.

5. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I will say this on my previous purchase history. B&H Photo is very reputable and they stand behind their warranty/returns. I would not hesitate to purchase from them and all my experiences have been stellar with them.

6. robvas macrumors 68020

I have bought Macs from them before and would do it again.

7. Tenashus1 macrumors 6502

B&H is great. Always has been. From the looks of their return policy, though, it seems that if you buy the computer from them, you should be sure that you want it. It doesn't look as if they honor "buyer's remorse". On the other hand, if it should be defective once you get it, they'll take care of you well. B&H is rock solid in my experience.

8. LGIR627 thread starter macrumors member

Unless something was wrong with it, I would have no reason to return it.

9. happyslayer macrumors 6502a

happyslayer

I can add to the B&H love. I have purchased multiple Macs from them for both myself and for customers. They are great. Though, I have never tried to return anything just because I didn't like it. One customer had an RMA issue and they replaced it just fine. Also, shipping is usually very quick.