Refurb has arrived. what to do first?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by crobar2k, Mar 29, 2010.

1. crobar2k macrumors member

My 15.4" MBP 2.66Ghz arrived today. I will be opening it when I get home. What shouldI do to test the computer and make sure everything is workign the way it should? I wan to be sure the battery is 100%, all ports are workign perfectly and that there is no degredation of pixels.

I am sure there is a guide for new refurb. buyers somewhere on this wonderful site I just can't find it. Thanks ahead of time.

BTW, My first MAC and I'm thrilled!

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Congrats.

Start it up and after you go through the initial setup process you can verify through the System profile that all ports are reporting what they are (graphics, memory, USB, etc).

There are tools you can download to check the battery status like Coconut Battery and others.

Keep in mind that you get the full 1 year warranty with it, so even if you don't find any issues today, you are covered.

Enjoy it. :)

3. crobar2k thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for that.. as I mentioned this is my first Mac so I don't know anything about this kind of thing. Much appreciated!

Anyone else with any good pointers?

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Just look it generally. I'm sure you will found out if something ain't right in 14 days when you can still return it.

5. crobar2k thread starter macrumors member

To the moderators: if there is not a guide for "what to do first with a refrub. " / "how to hardware check your refurb" it might be a pretty good sticky.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Welcome to Mac ownership and welcome to MacRumors:Forums! You'll find a lot of information both here and on the web. Here are a few resources that may be helpful:

Welcome to Mac ownership and welcome to MacRumors:Forums! You'll find a lot of information both here and on the web. Here are a few resources that may be helpful:

Apple resources:
    MRoogle for searching the forums with Google (always a good idea before posting new questions)
    How to set up a quick right-click search of the MR forums.

MacRumors resources:

You can find lists of essential applications in these threads:
    More apps on these sites:

If you search the forums and don't find what you're looking for, just ask! There's lots of friendly help here! Enjoy your new Mac!

7. crobar2k thread starter macrumors member