Refurb iMac 27" - screen not flush

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ben2e, Aug 26, 2011.

1. ben2e macrumors member

I bought an open box iMac from MacMall. 2010 Core i7 2.93 with SSD. I was a bit worried because they shipped it in the iMac box rather than the normal doubled up brown cardboard double box and it had a bit of UPS wear and tear. Foam corners with in-tact but cracked up. The iMac looked ok but the screen doesn't quite fit flush with the case on the bottom corners. Anyone see this on their iMac ? It was a good deal for $1770 so maybe I can live with it.

I was disappointed that a $2k computer wasn't packed with a bit more care.

2. wkw macrumors 6502

wkw

my late '09 27 isn't quite flush either. no biggy. . I think you can fix it if you want to take the screen off and move the magnets a little bit?

3. raver001 macrumors newbie

raver001

I have recently bought a 27" iMac with the same issue.. The bottom right side didn't sit flush.. Took the screen off (which was surprisingly easy) and all it was was a bit of material was poking out slightly.. Poked it back in and put screen back on.. Issue resolved.

I know where ur coming from though.. Its not nice spending so much money on a product, for you to find out its not in perfect condition when u take it out of the packaging.

Hope this helps and you are able to get it sorted.. Took me under 5 mins to do.

4. NXTMIKE macrumors 6502

pics? mine's off at least 1mm, but it's not visible, only noticeable when you run your fingers around the edges.

5. ben2e thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I probably over reacted. I'm sure it'll be fine. It does seem to have a small scratch on the glass which smears the pixels but if I can take the screen off, hopefully it's easy to clean.