Refurb iMac and Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hookem12387, Oct 2, 2007.

1. hookem12387 macrumors 6502

So, I've been thinking about buying a mac mini core 2 duo new when leopard comes out, but I've realized I can get a 2 ghz last gen imac with a 17" screen for only about $300 more. This is well within my price range, but a new imac is not. I was wondering, if I wait for Leopard to come out, will the refurb ship with it? Or should I go ahead and buy it now?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

If you wait then yes, the refurb will either ship with a DVD in the box, or will be eligible for the Leopard Up-To-Date program. Based on previous releases if you buy now then you would not be eligible for the program as no release/shipping date for Leopard has been announced.

3. hookem12387 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks a ton for the quick response!! I'll be waiting, I really want leopard. Incidentally, any opinion on refurb 2ghz c2d imac last gen vs brand new 1.83 c2d mini? I'd love the option to play some light games and graphics card required activities on the imac

4. macjack1 macrumors regular

macjack1

For games stick to the iMac. (You might consider a higher performance grahics card) If you're serious about gaming you won't be happy with performance on the mini. If you're super serious, get a MacPro ;-)

-mj

5. hookem12387 thread starter macrumors 6502

Not that serious but I do plan on hooking up the computer to a 37" 1080p lcd by the end of the school year and use that as the monitor, and if I do that it would be nice to play some big screen games