refurb imac from apple store missing parts

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dudeofblokes, Jun 18, 2010.

1. dudeofblokes macrumors regular

dudeofblokes

carrickfergus, northern ireland, united kingdom
    has anyone ever had this happen?

just purchased a i7 imac from the apple refurb store and it arrives earlier i open the box to find the software wasnt included after a quick call i got them to issue me with a replacement set all good.

unboxed completely there and tried to turn it on and it wouldnt start at all, had a look about and what do i find? no ram installed and they are closed at the minute so another call tomorrow.

no impressed refurb or not it shouldnt be like this, cant wait to play with her.

2. Aktchi macrumors newbie

Very surprising. We have purchased many products from the Apple refurbished store and never had a problem. IMHO they owe you not just a perfect Imac, but an extra gesture of apology and compensation.

3. dudeofblokes thread starter macrumors regular

dudeofblokes

i guess i just got a messed up order but i still wouldnt think twice of buying from hem again, it was a fast and easy transaction and i hope to purchase from them again, hopefully this will be sorted out soon

4. leman macrumors G3

The refurb i7 I bought had no WiFi card installed :) So this things happen. They took it back with no questions asked though and overall the whole service was very smooth.

5. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

I'm surprised. This is the only time I've heard of something that stupid happening when buying basically new products.

It is however, the best customer service on Earth. Just imagine what it'd be like dealing with Dell or Toshiba or some crap like that. I hope you enjoy your new machine when everything gets straightened out, I'm sure the wait'll be worth it :)

6. dudeofblokes thread starter macrumors regular

dudeofblokes

waiting on applecare calling me back hopefully will be sorted soon

7. dudeofblokes thread starter macrumors regular

dudeofblokes

took 58 minutes to get replacement sorted and being passed back and forth between departments they were refusing a replacement just refund but that doesnt help the cause at all so now they are doing a like for like replacement was not happy with the service i received at all its not my fault i was inconvenienced it was apples.

8. iSpoody 1243 macrumors 6502

oh well your getting it replaced, no?
    you will be glad as soon as you have the functional machine at home.
    but honestly, no ram?
    wow the refurb store is pretty bad

9. dudeofblokes thread starter macrumors regular

dudeofblokes

yeah i cant wait to have her up an running to enjoy it