Refurb iMac - Now or Wait till next release

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fatandconfused, Mar 11, 2011.

  1. fatandconfused macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2011
    #1
    I've noticed that the refurb shop is churning out a good number of i5 27" imacs at the mo, this is the machine that i'm after and will probably end up with, should i grab one now or wait until the next release in the expectation that the price will drop further with the new imac appearing??

    Any thoughts, i'm getting impatient with the waiting :/
     
  2. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #2
    If you're going to buy the "old" one anyway, just do it now. You might save a hundred or two by waiting but IMO it is not worth it.
     
  3. john1620b macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2009
    #3
    Yeah, the refurb price will probably drop further when they release new ones, but there's no word on when that might happen. It's just a question of whether $100-200 is more important to you than having the machine now.
     
  4. Doc750 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2010
    #4
    The microcenter near me usually has prices lower then the refurb price. See if there is one near you.
     
  5. fatandconfused thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2011
    #5
    Are you in the UK or US?
     
  6. Doc750 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2010
    #6
    us
     
  7. fatandconfused thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2011
  8. Jayrcee macrumors regular

    Jayrcee

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2006
    Location:
    USA

Share This Page