Refurb iMac owners: Did yours have a yellow screen or dead pixels?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bobright, Dec 24, 2011.

1. bobright macrumors 601

I am thinking of pulling the trigger on this refurb iMac from the Apple online store but I'm a bit undecided still -- as I dont want to end up with one of the returned units that could have dead pixels or yellow screens etc

Have any of you experienced any issues that I mentioned above? And if there were to be a problem would I be able to get it swapped inside a Apple store (if purchased online)?

2. Swift Sketcher macrumors regular

Nope!

But my first unit arrived dead. Although blame my luck for that..

3. Bmaintz macrumors member

OK, you are saying that the Apple Store won't swap it out....
    How do you get another refurbished, what are the steps??

4. xmnj macrumors member

Apple does not just take in returns and turn around and sell it as is, as I have yet to encounter anyone getting a unit with scratches or any signs of use, you will get the same 1 year warranty as a new iMac. No yellow tint here on my refurb iMac, and I would not be able to tell the difference between a new one or this refurb, besides the box that it shipped in...

5. whjoyjr macrumors newbie

27" i7 iMac refurb unboxed today

No dead pixels, no yellow, no problems. Added 8GB RAM boosting it to 12GB.

Reloading Lion as a precaution since it had an iClod account already pre-populated.

Will order refurbs again. Next one is in 18 months when oldest daughter goes off to college...

6. TexasDad macrumors newbie

Monitor is perfect on mine.

Apple will do a return/replacement with the refurb the same as with 'new'. Refurbs are also eligible for apple care.

7. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

my understanding is refurbs are completely looked over and fixed as needed....so in a way they might be better then new,as there gone over by hand....yes/no?

8. bvanlieu macrumors member

Depends on the reason for refurb. Could be a return inside the 14 day return policy. Could be a device that needed a repair.

No way of knowing.

Tens of thousands have been sold, tens of thousands of happy refurb customers.

Myself, I have 3 in my house (Mini, MBP, 27" Imac). Tossed AC on all 3. Used AC on MBP due to pixel issue that cropped up a few months after buying it. That's been the only case. All 3 run OWC RAM.

- b