Refurb iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thisisarcadia, Mar 26, 2011.

1. thisisarcadia macrumors 6502

I am wanting to buy a refurb i7 iMac, my question to you is should I wait until the refresh? Will the current model refurbs become cheaper after the refresh? Thanks.

2. darknite38 macrumors regular

3. fatandconfused macrumors newbie

i'm in exactly the same boat, i don't think sandy bridge will change my life that much so am waiting for the i7 refurbs from july 2010 to go down in price.

how much difference do you expect pricewise?

and are the UK imacs released at the same time as the US ones? i can just see this wait dragging on and on and the before you know it another update is due

4. zachlegomaniac macrumors 6502a

zachlegomaniac

Hi there,

My first 2010 i7 (refurb) was returned because of a loud and defective hard drive (deemed so by the genius bar) a few weeks ago, and now I'm having the same problem with my brand new replacement. There is a thread around here about hard drive noise issues (see below), but mine has lagging issues as well. It seems to have something to do with the seagate 1 TB hard drives. I've spent hours and hours on the phone with Apple, at the Genius Bar, and at FedEx since my original purchase. I'm a big fan of Apple products so I'm not just trying to rip on them. Just figured I'd give you a heads up on my issue and have you check out the thread below before your purchase.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=806850

Best,

Zach

5. thisisarcadia thread starter macrumors 6502

I have settled with the i5 only because I am only going to use it for music recording and some light video editing and normal use. How much do the refurbs usually go down in price once a new line is introduced. Currently the i5's are 1699 in the refurb store. What do you think they will go down to once the new line is introduced? Thanks.

6. SOT DOC macrumors newbie

The refurbs are usually 15% off msrp when they are current and then 25% when the new models come out. That is what I have found when looking at them.

7. thisisarcadia thread starter macrumors 6502

8. mutchy126 macrumors regular

New Refresh Now!

Right now there is a Refresh, Did you wait?? :apple: