Refurb iPad 1 32gb 3G or iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bryanc28, Nov 24, 2011.

1. bryanc28 macrumors 6502

bryanc28

I am undecided about which one to get? The refurb iPad is $399 vs the iPad 2 $630.

I also have an iPhone 4, would it be redundant to even get an iPad?

2. kamil97 macrumors newbie

WHOOOO! FIRST!!!
    and now to address your problem.:cool:
    in my humble opinion, i dont think you need an ipad since you already have an iphone. Once you have one ios device, there is no reason to get another. BUT if you absolutely need one then i recommend the iPad 2. It is twice as fast and has a pair of cameras.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Agreed

+1 for the iPad 2. It's really got the edge now.

4. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'd say it depends what you want from your device. If you want a longer term iOS support, I'd go with the iPad 2, I can't see Apple supporting the iPad 1 past iOS 5, as they've already discontinued them, and the iPad 1 has already had 2 major software updates, iOS 4 & 5.

In terms of hardware, iPad 2 is obviously better too. Even if you don't use FaceTime (not sure if you do use FaceTime) now, who's to say that sometime in the future you might want to FaceTime with family or something. Then you'd most likely want the bigger screen. Plus, you're not losing any hardware features with iPad 2, you're gaining features over iPad 1 (obviously)

Just my opinion.