refurb ipad 2 from apple? or used 1pad 3 from ebay?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aPple nErd, Jul 22, 2012.

1. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

which should i go for? i will be getting a wifi only 16 gig just for movies, games, and internet browsing.

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

That's your call. My suggestion is to get the serial # from the seller and contact Apple to verify the service and warranty history. If there is plenty left on the sellers warranty and the price is right then why not?

Me? I'd buy a refurbed iPad 2 from Apple because it comes with a new battery, outer covers and a 1 year warranty for $319. You can sell it later on for the iPad 4th Gen. ;)

3. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

I would check Apple to see if they have any wifi only models. Every time I have checked for the past week or so it is only 3g available.

4. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

As long as you're willing to accept used you may as well go with ebay.
    They're usually cheaper, you can usually avoid sales taxes, and you can use the savings to get a Squaretrade warranty that lasts longer and covers more things than Apple's own warranty.

5. -TYLER, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012

-TYLER macrumors regular

I would check Craigslist before eBay, that way you can meet the person in a public place and test the iPad.

6. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

^^^

craigslist is the way to go, ive always gotten it much cheaper than ebay and like he said you can test it in person before buying it.