All iPads Refurb iPad 3 Best Deal ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 90miles, Oct 30, 2012.

1. 90miles macrumors member

I'm in the music business and I own an iPad 2, I'm done with it, time for a refresh, check my evaluation out:

• iPad 4 - $499
    • iPad 2 - $399
    • iPad 3 - $379
    • iPad Mini - $329

With the iPad 3 you get as much real estate as with the iPad 2, the same display that is on the 4 and good overall performance, I do believe the $50 premium for the extra inches of real estate is worth it, any thoughts ?

2. bigboar macrumors 6502

I thought about getting one myself but I actually wanted less real estate which made my choice easy...

3. 90miles thread starter macrumors member

I'm the guy who uses the iPad as a MIDI controller in a hotel in the middle of nowhere then read a book in a huge airplane ride and still run a couple synths on it in studio sessions, that would not be the nicest stuff to do on a 7.9 inch screen, thankfully they released one product that fits your needs though!

4. Scott2345 macrumors regular

I was gonna get the mini, but I went for the iPad 3 refurb the extra $50 is worth having a retina display.

----------

Very true. For people that take there iPad on the go, the mini is perfect. I myself don't have a need to travel with my iPad. It's just for the house.

5. Broadus macrumors 6502a

The OP may have already made his decision, but the refurb 16GB's are out of stock. I ordered a black 32GB refurb today, which is what I wanted.

I don't see the mini being that great an advantage for on-the-go. It won't fit in my pants pocket, and the regular iPad is not too large to me to begin with.

6. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Have you had a mini for at least a few hours yet? You'll know the mini is better than full size if portability is a factor. On the go is really nice, but if you need the bigger screen and processor for some reason, then never mind.

7. Broadus macrumors 6502a

You're right that the mini is "better" than the larger iPad considering portability, but it is not better enough for me to give up the resolution of the larger screen. But that's my perspective considering what I deem important. Obviously, that's not universal and may not be a majority opinion. :)

8. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Exactly. The mini isn't for everyone but its the best device for portability and iOS.