Refurb iPads

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tl01, May 8, 2012.

1. tl01 macrumors 68000

Anyone know how often they replenish the refurbs? I went to buy one today and one minute it was there... And two minutes later it was gone. Then I went to choose my 2nd choice and it disappeared too. How often should I check back? Thanks!

2. Mk4Jetta macrumors newbie

Seems to be daily. Not sure though. Check again tomorrow.

3. jacob-07 macrumors regular

4. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68000

Aren't you helpful.

5. barkomatic macrumors 68040

lol

Don't worry. You'll get one soon. The recent price drop probably motivated a lot of people so the demand is likely a bit higher than normal.

6. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

The 16G iPad 2s are back in the refurb store now.

-Kevin

7. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks all! I got one this morning! Loving that new price since I could traded in my youngest's iPad 1 for an iPad 2!

8. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68000

So my new refurbished iPad just shipped. Interestingly enough, it is coming from china. I didn't realize that apple sends the iPads to china to be refurbished.

9. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

Thats odd. My refurbs have usually shipped from various States in the USA

10. Techwriter macrumors regular

I also purchased a refurbished iPad 2 and it was shipped from China.

Apple's webpage states that they replace the battery and the case. Since China assembles the iPads, it only makes sense that they would have the parts and assembly lines ready to replace these parts.

While it seems like a long way to ship a refurbished product, Apple is doing this for thousands of devices.

I'm not worried. They will be here before we know it!

11. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Apple is quick too.....I had my parents order two of the iPad 2 refurbs on Monday night. They shipped from China and had them in hand Yesterday afternoon. That's quick for FREE shipping from China to NH! :D

-Kevin

12. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

Your iPad most likely will be new old stock.

Apple refurbs are remanufactured not just given a wipe with a shirt sleeve in some retailers warehouse.

13. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68000

It's already in Alaska. I'm in So Cal so I'm hoping perhaps for an early delivery.... Perhaps it's just wishful thinking;).

----------

I trust Apple. Even if it is a refurb, I know they will stand behind their warranty! They have always done so in the past at least.

14. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

yeah apple is great, if the product dosnt work as described they will get you a working one! my new ipad preorders tracking wasnt working at all (i got the device on the launch date still) but apple was so nice they sent a replacement ipad, (they cancelled the replacement once i got the original order) and gave me a free smart cover and hdmi adapter! just for not having a working tracking #

15. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68000

Not working tracking number! Then what would you have done all night waiting to see here your iPad was? I checked about every 30 minutes all night to see its progress. It was fun watching my 4s... As mine didn't leave until the day before launch day... Despite staying up all night trying to order it at midnight;). It arrived on Friday.. Launch day all the way from china.