Refurb iPhone 4 with dust under the screen...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by therealjustin, Jan 1, 2012.

1. therealjustin macrumors member

I bought a used iPhone 4 a few weeks ago but just today noticed a small speck of dust under the screen near the bottom(iPhone was rotated to take the attached picture).

I was curious to see when my iPhone was made so I looked up the serial number and it turns out it is a refurb and not a used one. It was rebuilt in November 2011 and has an AppleCare warranty until June 2012. Would they even consider replacing it? I know it is small and despite this little speck the phone works great with no stuck or dead pixels or yellowish tint.

Attached Files:

2. fullmanfullninj macrumors regular

After a quick Google search, I found this (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2735780?start=0&tstart=0).

Similar situation...bought a refurb device (iPad instead of iPhone) and had dust under the screen.
    I also remember about two years ago I brought my 3GS into the Apple Store due to dust under the screen.

Usually it is grounds for service (I dunno if they'd replace the part or give you a new device...probably the former). For me, I had my screen replaced and did not get a new device. Bring your phone into an Apple Store and have them take a look. If they still refuse or something, see how many days you are into the return policy.