Refurb iphone now? or 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stupendusboi, May 14, 2008.

1. stupendusboi macrumors member

Ok i am planning on buying an iPhone and using it on Tmobile (no using Edge because too expenseive)

the thing is,, i can buy an 8gb iphone for 249
    OR
    should i wait for a 3g iphone...even though i cnat use any of its 3g features

i mainly need iphoine for : calls, music and videos, wifi browsing

Please help me make a decision quickly thanks!!!

2. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

If you are going with T-Mo, then might as well get the iPhone right now! Hurry! Before it's gone! :D

3. realfx macrumors member

your so close I would wait,

then there that thought if you really need it buy it.

but I would wait, you have waited this long.

4. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

And will wait longer until the h4x0r5 are able to crack 2.0

5. lkeslinger macrumors member

Hi, I am new here, and I signed up to get more information about the new iPhones coming out. I bought the Blackberry Curve two days ago and returned it because whenever I watched videos on the phone, it would lag, so my friend tuned me into the iPhone. I am tempted to get the refurbished iPhone, but I also don't know if I should wait for the 3G. I tried searching for the differences between the newer version and the old, and maybe I am not searching hard enough, but all I found out on this forum is that the new one will have GPS and faster Internet? Is that all?

6. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

apple doesn't release information on unreleased products. everything you read in terms of specs and features is speculation at the moment as apple hasn't confirmed anything. so no, it isn't that you're not searching hard enough. just wait a bit and see what the new 3g iphone brings. if you can get by w/o, you'll likely be able to save some money getting a current gen iphone.

7. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

it depends on what you are wiling to pay. if 250 is your max, go for it.

8. lkeslinger macrumors member

I hate this. I never really had this much anticipation for a phone before, haha. I usually wait for the phone that I want to get real cheap before I would buy it because I am a poor college student. This will be the first time I am planning to buy a phone at full retail price.

9. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

If you plan to stay with Tmobile get the phone now as the new one wont use TMo's 3G network anyways. Especially if you plan to stick to WiFi as your internet source. You would only have a new phone for the sake of saying you have the newest iphone.

10. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

Where can you get a Refurb Iphone for $250?

I was going to order the Curve or Q9 tonight but that's just too good of a deal to pass up.

11. flavamactop macrumors member

If you're going TMobile (and thus 3G means nothing to you), and don't care about GPS, then there's probably not anything coming in the iPhone worth waiting for. They might have some new feature we can't think of, but this version is cheap(er) now due to the refurb availability, and you know for sure that this version can be jailbroken.

12. stupendusboi thread starter macrumors member

so if the new 3g iphone has GPS would i be able to use that without att? or would i need a 3g connection or a contract with att?

13. LowMach macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I heard the new iPhone will have a hardware issue to contend with to unlock. Guess will know soon enough.

14. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

Exactly. With all the rampant unlocking of this iphone release, the carriers certainly are requiring Apple to maintain better control in the next version. If you want to be assured of unlocking buy now! It is likely to be much harder to do with iphone2.

15. stupendusboi thread starter macrumors member

thanks you guy! i have made my decision to buy iphone now.. since later, i have to wait a month f or a good case, blah balh.. and the refurb is only 250!! if all else fails. ill sell it to my friend for 250 and buy a 3g iphone :) thanks for all your help. good night and good luck...